Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Should I Continue to Network During the Holiday Season?

This question has come up quite a few times lately and in my opinion I think it's an excellent time to network. Many people are busy attending holiday parties and what better way to meet new and interesting contacts. With such a festive mindset this month, I think that people will be even more apt to provide valuable feedback that can help your job search or make that important introduction.

Whether the holiday event is with friends, family or acquaintances, there are going to be people who have some great ideas. Why limit your search to just people in your own industry? I've spoken with quite a few people lately who are learning the benefits of networking with various industries.

A friend recently told me that she met an individual from a company and was hoping to stay connected with him. I mentioned that in the past I have sent holiday cards to people I was hoping to hear back from with regard to a position I was interested in. What better way to stay in touch?

Happy Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment